Welcome to a Place Dedicated to Healing
Hi! Welcome to my website.
My name is Heidi Hanson. I am an artist and also have a degree in psychology. I have been struggling with PTSD since 2007 and have been documenting my experiences with artwork, creative writing and poetry. I have also discovered and created many PTSD self-therapy exercises, exercises one can do at home that help alleviate the symptoms of PTSD.
The purpose of this website is to help people put effective self-therapy exercises into practice and make progress, step by step, in healing from PTSD and trauma-related challenges. I also aim to help readers gain insight, clarity and understanding of trauma and PTSD.
The main advantages of self-therapy exercises are:
1. They empower us to do something about the many overwhelming states we can get into with PTSD.
2. We can customize them to our needs. As we learn the exercises, we create our own personalized toolkit of healing tools that work the best for us.
3. Self-therapy exercises can help speed up our recovery - after all, a therapist is with us 1 hour per week and we are with ourselves 24/7.
Note that self-therapy exercises are meant to be done in conjunction with, but not as a replacement for, getting help from a trained therapist.
Books in the Plans...
Right now I am compiling all my artwork and writings into two books - the first is The Art of Healing Trauma - Exercises (was Trauma Healing Resource Book - Exercises). This book will contain all the self-therapy exercises that have been the most effective for me in my recovery.
The second book will be the mainThe Art of Healing Trauma which will include a lot more creative type works such as poetry, journal entries of my experiences with PTSD, scientific discussions and diagrams, and more illustrations.
Check out the The Art of Healing Trauma Blog for helpful articles and self-healing exercises.
To receive updates of new blog posts, like my page on Facebook.
If you have any feedback or comments about my blog or personal experiences related to PTSD you would like to share, feel free to email me: heidimariahanson AT gmail DOT com.
I wish you the very best on your journey to wholeness and health,
the author - Heidi Hanson
Complete List of Blog Posts:
- Meditation and PTSD, A Self-Research Study PART 2 – Three Potential Challenges of Meditation for PTSD
- What I See is New, What I See is Safe – A Look Inside A Somatic Experiencing Therapy Session for PTSD
- Owning Your Heroism is an Important Part of Healing – A Message to Members of the Military with PTSD